.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Monday, November 28, 2005

missing something

I think I'm missing something. There must be something that I am supposed to be doing right now, but I'm not sure what it is.. So here I am, updating my blog again, and trying desperately not to think about how hungry i am (i MUST refrain from naughty snack food). Okay, the more I think about it the worse and worse it gets. Boredom and hunger are very close companions. They hound your heels together.

It is hard to be contemplative at work, I think this kind of environment doesn't lend itself to imagination and thoughtfulness. Which is probably a bit silly considering where I am.

RANT FOR THE DAY: I hate centrelink, even though I am no longer receiving there tainted money, I am still affected by their inefficiency and annoying evilness. They have sent me a bill for 2003. Like I can remember back that far. They are saying that they overpaid me because of something to do with my husbands pay. We spent HOURS back then on the phone to them trying to get that all worked out and right, then 2.5 years later they're like, woops, we paid you too much! So here is my plan: I may eventually pay them, but first I will make sure they have to use time and resources proving to me that I owe them the money. I want to get my $700 worth out of them. Make sure that in the end, it hasn't actually been worth their while!! I was planning on calling them in every lunch break, just for a chat, but it turns out the hospital phones don't work well with those 13 XXXX numbers, and mobile is too expensive (and I actually don't quite care enough to do that).

For a friend, I've been thinking of lately:

A Long Time Ago*
I didn't tell you
I thought it was wrong
That it would bite you on the arse
I was scared you'd want it more
I held your hand
Pretended smiles at your happiness
And frantically worried behind your back
Even now I don't know
Was I right or wrong to hold my tongue
I thought you'd push me away
If I refused to support you
And I could see the ending
Written in the heavens
And I wanted to be there for you
To hold you
When the world fell apart
*for 2002

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home