.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Saturday, November 26, 2005

saturday

this is such a waste. I am here at work, and we only have two patients really, so there isn't really 4 hours of work to do, but i have to stay till 12. I do feel somewhat guilty, blogging on work time, but then i think of all those days I came early and never put in overtime. I can't believe intern year is nearly over. Overall, I think it's been better then I expected. I've been fairly lucky with most of my terms (except starting on annual leave). This is a fairly fun term at the moment (general surg - breast and endocrine) because i have another intern to keep me company most days. When there isn't much work, we wander around being co-dependent doing everything together, even though we don't need to. I like that. Having company is fun, and somewhat reassuring.

Next year I'm off to Melbourne for a year:) Think of the theatre, the food, the coffee. *contented sigh* Hopefully it will be everything I hoped for:)

Now the really important news. I have an imac G5. It is sooooo pretty. I love it sooo much. I've barely used it, having been too busy since i've got it to do anything. And as yet I have no way of connecting at the internet, but it has a remote control, so none of that even matters. Unfortunately, it means Oscar is very jealous, as I'm quite protective of my computer. He sits in his cage and makes his little angry noise (sort of like going Rah). Then I let him out, but he's not going to be allowed to steal any keyboard arrows or letters or numbers or anything.

I have endeavoured to write something on every rotation reflecting a little bit of what they made me think, but i don't think they all made it on to my blog. So at the end of this rotation, i will try and put them up, as my summary of first year internship. I'm pretty bored right now, I always find it so hard to write anything at all interesting if I myself feel bored, which is a waste because it's the only time I have time to write anything these days.

Oh well, perhaps I should go check my patients chest xray and see about getting their central line changed....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home