.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

I love christmas. Apparantly people aren't too keen on getting their throats slashed (thyroidectomy) or their breasts removed before christmas. And I say "Good on you", mostly because that means i'm here at work with nothing to do again except update my blog. Now I do feel mildly guilty as my counterpart is busily seeing people in outpatients clinic, but it is a clinic that I traditionally don't go to (as I do the "ward work" today) so it's not really my fault. Plus at 11 (in 1 hour) I will have something to do so it's not like I'm going to be sitting here all day (which is actually a good thing because the day can move pretty slowly when you have no work).

Tonight when I get home, maybe I will update my blog using my new iburst internet:) I am so excited, an internet connection at home that won't take an hour to do just about anything:) yay:) I think i even get some kind of free web page with my new internet, but i'm yet to explore all of that. Perhaps if I had a webpage i'd scan in my B&W pics of Banda Aceh.... I'm not sure how, because I don't actually have a scanner... I'd have to find somewhere to do that.... now it sounds like effort, so I probably won't.

This weekend I'm off to Montville:) Staying somewhere nice, relaxing, then I'll go to Kennilworth and hit the two cheese factories. The best cheese factory is the little known goat farm. The goats are all hand raised so that they're easy to milk and they are soooooo cute. You go out to them and they run up for you to pat them and lean against you and they are sweet wonderful creatures. And some of them have long, floppy ears. Last time I was there it was kidding season (giggle) and there were 1 day old goats that were so sweet and lovely and the big ears just looked so silly and cute on them. Plus the cheese really is very very good. oh, and the fudge *mmmmmm* lime, coconut and ginger fudge made with goat curd. i swear you've never tasted something so delicious. I really like goat curd it turns out (it sounded gross but tasted great). You have it with sweet chilli sauce and biscuits. It's much tangier then cream cheese and really smooth and delicious. The goat factory (Matt gets very upset when I call it that, so I feel i must - apparantly it's either a cheese factory or a goat farm, not a combination) is off some little street of the obi obi road. Maybe someone else can remember the exact address... i'm sure they have a website, hold on I'll check, yep here it is http://www.coolabinefarmstead.com/cheeses.htm
I love all the cheeses too! Their fetta is spectacular.

Oh dear, I got a little carried away in my cheese loving there....

Perhaps i will continue this later, nature is calling.

4 Comments:

Blogger marvin said...

hope you have an enjoyable weekend, it sounds awesome.
have a good time :)

10:41 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, thanks for commenting on my blog. i agree centrelink ARE morons! hey, where abouts in bris are you?? do you use msn? if so, msn me: pink.panasonic@gmail.com i'm always interested in chatting with people from my neck of the woods! :D

10:55 am  
Blogger timmar said...

I think i started a trend. Look at all the Brissie peeps appearing out of the woodwork.

On topic though, I loved the Coolabine Farmstead. A few years ago our family spent 3 weeks driving through the sunshine coast hinterlands and viewing a heap of these kind of places.

The cheese was amazing and goats milk warm tasted strangely comforting.

Sounds like a good weekend though, i'm kinda envious :P

4:13 pm  
Blogger earthkissed said...

To Timmar: Well after you visited me I thought I'd see what was happening with other people in Brisbane. To Rebecca: Unfortunately I'm not advanced enough to use msn (pretty lame excuse, but I've just never learnt how). But if I work it out, I'll chat. Currentlly I'm a St Lucia girl:)

6:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home