.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

This morning: Drama III

Welcome to my world. To enter my world you must first take the pledge "I will not use officeworks, they are sucky and evil". Thank you. Your boycott is appreciated and will be kept in mind when I'm in charge of the world.

Perhaps you even deserve a small explanation.......

I have spent a fair amount of time putting together, the past papers into one document. My plan: print doublesided at officeworks, then bind them. Simple right? You go there because it'll be quicker then home right? Particularly at 9am when there were no other customers. You fool!!! you're falling into the trap. Competence is a word unknown to that place!

They opened my document. They printed out the first page. I looked at it - yes fine go ahead, the other 215 pages (x 2) await you. (enter new customer). They start to serve him. I think "please, press the print button, it's not so hard to do, and then it will have started to print". 10 minutes later. Print button pressed. "How long will it take?" 20 minutes. I go for a walk. I come back. I look at the printer. That looks like a bloody lot of paper. I point it out. She stops it half way through it's fourth copy. For some reason. It's just a "mostly double sided" document. I sigh, say it's fine. I choose binding stuff and am very agreeable. I say, "what will you do with the extra copy? Throw it out?" "yes" she replies. I say "well then can I have it?" "i'll have to check with my boss". I wait for my stuff to be bound. Unfortunately our "very short attention span" friend has spotted another customer. He has lots of documents, in different files. she has decided that while I stand there waiting (I have now been here for about 40 - 45 minutes) she will serve the new customer instead of taking the three minutes it takes to bind my document (that would keep the man in the business suit waiting for a whole three minutes, never mind me!). I wait. I tap. I stare. I sigh. I whisper annoyedly to matthew. The boss-lady asks if anyone needs help. The other girl says "there's the binding". the boss-lady finds another customer to serve instead. I sigh LOUDLY. Eventually, they bound my document. I think it took them less then three minutes to do the two documents. I have now been there an hour. "sorry we can only give the third copy to you for half price". Me: "you'd rather throw something out just to stop someone having something for free? That's counterproductive. You could be generating goodwill." "i'm sorry, it's not my decision" (probably a nice girl, it really isn't her fault, it's her bitchy boss) she says. I sigh. No I won't take it. It's not that I can't find a friend who'd want it, but I only ordered two, and they're trying to make me pay for their trash (I mean, it's of NO use to them). I'm pissed.

I have sent in a complaint thru the officeworks website. I'm sure they won't care. But they're just stupid. All those trees died for nothing because they're so vindictive, nothing can be free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home