.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

later that evening: drama II

"My phone is lost irretrievably lost" These are the thoughts running through my head after searching my car and my whole house for my phone. Sitting there being as still as possible while I ring it because then even if it's on silent, surely I'd hear it vibrating.

Earlier that day, I'd vaguely looked for it and rung it a few times, but hadn't believed it was lost. now I do. And I'm devastated. I mean my dad's one thing, but this is my mobile we're talking about here!! (not really, I actually honestly love my dad a bunch more then my mobile, but I wanted to convey my despair).

Matt is out on the balcony with his mobile. He rings mine, from far far away (downstairs) he hears the unmistakable tones of the smurfs. There is hope, there is a dream. We wander down. There in the garden there is a small green glow, and a bubbly tune, and a much loved phone. 12 missed calls. 2 messages.

it's a miracle. It's been sitting there all day, ringing. No one has picked it up. there was a light sprinkling of rain earlier that day too. My phone is unphased. I carry it upstairs, berating it "why did you go and hide in the garden, you naughty phone!!". Seriously. I have no idea how it got there. My last memory of the phone is monday night matt saying to me "you don't need to bring your phone" and me saying "oh yeah" and putting it on the table.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home