.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Friday, May 21, 2004

introduction

I was going to explain why I've started a blog, and why I called myself earthkissed.... Basically I had a free website that I set up thru UQ, but then they made it so you could only access student websites if you were a UQ account holder... Seemed pointless. Being completely inapt at anything slightly technical (Like publishing webpages), I have not been able to successfully recreate my webpage at another address. So i decided to leave the past behind, and move on to the future: Blogging. I have a few friends (I think they're my friends, the jury's still out at the moment due to an enduring silence) who have blogs, so I decided to join their ranks.

The earthkissed thing. I wrote a poem that was sort of about death once, for some reason I took the title of that and made it my identity.... I wish I had like a real reason for doing that, but I don't. Still as I made it my name, I think I'll put the poem here:

Earth-Kissed

The grass beneath my body cradles me
In a fragrant and warm embrace of hope
My eyes meet the blues sky and drift with clouds
I let my strange thoughts keep my mind afloat

The leaves that are falling capture my dreams
Enticing them to the death of the ground
Like lead I cannot move, yet I feel light
And my deaf ears hear every haunting sound

The wind dances through my hair not my lungs
I am covered by a blanket of mist
It cools the heat of busy pounding blood
I'm relaxed and I know I've been earth-kissed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home