.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Sunday, May 09, 2010

Fish

Whole coral trout (the recipe called for a 3 pound fish but this was over 6) the inside rubbed with crushed peppercorns, fennel seeds and coriander seeds then stuffed with leeks and lemon slices with a sea salt crust that you crack and remove and then the skin just peeled away and the flesh was so moist.... That was the half of the meal I prepared. We served it with a beautiful saffron risotto that Matt made and some fresh rocket from our garden and lemon wedges to squeeze over the top and fresh EVOO to drizzle.


The fish before we cracked the salt crust.

3 Comments:

Blogger appletopping said...

ooh, i've always wanted to saltbke something. awesome work. :)

11:11 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

That sounds really good. One of my favourite meals is Gam's oven-baked whole barramundi, but I bet he'd love to try this method... yum!

6:42 pm  
Blogger earthkissed said...

I actually got the recipe from epicurious online, if he wants to give it a go, it should be easy to find

8:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home