.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Bec = MacGyver

I just want to tell you all about how I pulled a minor (very minor) MacGyver the other day.

I came home to find a note from my cleaner saying that she couldn't get the plug in the sink in the ensuite to spring back (it's one of those push in ones). Bugger

I went in, a sink full of bleach and water, tried in vain to get the plug to spring out by pushing on it, just jamming it further and further in. Talked to Matthew, who said try unscrewing it. Trying to unscrew a jammed plug in a sink full of bleach = impossible.

Thus I began to empty the sink. Once it was empty I returned to the futile task of trying to unscrew the plug. I soon realised that what I needed was a tiny suction cup so I could put it on and turn it. Not surprisingly, Matthew said we did not have the above mentioned device. I wracked my brain...

I dried the sink very thoroughly, I got that thick double sided tape that comes with hooks you attach to the wall. I attached one side to the plug, one to my ventolin puffer.... And I pressed down and turned....

Yay... The plug was out.

We will never use it as a plug again.

1 Comments:

Blogger earthkissed said...

PS. Pitfinder if you read this, everytime I click on your blog and it tells me I'm not invited, I feel very sad:(

8:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home