.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Sunday, March 07, 2010

Dreaming

Dreams are so pictorial and non-linear that putting them in words always feels like your losing so much in the translation. Sometimes the more I try to explain them the more it seems they are like living fluid slipping through my fingers.

Nevertheless I had a freaky dream last night.

First it was like I was going through a jelly like substance. When I emerged I was in the world but it wasn't quite right. It was close to my world but really wasn't quite my world. As people talked to me and I tried to play along and pretend I knew what they were talking about it became clear I was the wrong Rebecca in the wrong world. So I went to see my sister-in-law Karen because I was pretty sure she'd understand and be able to help me. She would know it was a bit like the "other" world in Coraline. Karen was quick to look around and make sure no one was listening and kept whispering about me needing vitamin Zee. Which for some reason we really needed.


I then had to try and use this secure portal on her computer to contact her friend Lauren but I couldn't make it work so I smsed her instead which Karen was not thrilled about. We then went to the train station.

The trains were ones that went along hanging from rails rather then on tracks and there were platforms at lots of levels so that if you were at the top platform you looked into a dark pit that had lots of rails for trains to hang from, all crisscrossing. It was so high you couldn't see to the bottom. Suddenly I realised I needed to get the vitamin zee from the other side of the station and this guy said he'd get it. And he swung up onto a rail and started swinging to get momentum to swing across to the next one and he let go and missed the next one and them plunged down screaming until we couldn't see him. Then someone else volunteered to go. He was much more careful. Rather then trying to do big swings across he went across from rail to rail swinging from hands to knees to hands like an acrobat. Then I realised lots of people were doing that because it was the only way to cross. And people fell all the time but it was just accepted as one of those things.

Anyway it went on and on and even involved me going to this rehab place in search of vitamin zee and the rehab place was being run by someone who turned out to be a robot (a big reveal that occurred in the parking lot of a shopping mall and ended with me hiding on the roof of a camper trailer). It was all very weird. And I woke up without getting the vitamin zee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home