.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Monday, April 07, 2008

Stars

Would I know how to give in
If this deep ache didn't show me how
Would my hands be capable
Of the hold on and the let go
Do I know what it means
Will I always worry
I don't want to always see
The potential for disaster
I want to see the potential
For joy and hope and life

I dreamt I begged for you
To sing me a song
To show me tomorrow
To give me hope
And you sang for me
And you showed me
And you gave to me
But my eyes were closed so tight
And when I opened them
It was still dark

I am always facing the other way
When the shooting stars fall
I remember once
I stood on a rock
And you held my hand
And you kissed my mouth
And for once I was facing
The right direction
To see the stars fall

1 Comments:

Blogger pitfinder said...

I'm not really a poetry guy, but I like this.

Sometimes the right direction at the right time is all you need.

2:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home