.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Easter Weekend

Easter weekend was a hard busy slog at work. Worked Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday. And am working until friday this week. Once again a certain specialty I cover provided many a difficult moment, as some patients are just a little more trying on your patience than others. You just tend to come away feeling like your time could have been better spent, and generally the patient isn't happy either.

The Whitlams CD is quite good. There are a few songs that are already standing out to me. I've already mentioned "the curse stops here" which is as good as I remember. "Little cloud" the title song from the first disc, has a certain quality I quite like, the first verse starts "Little cloud is searching, For a sign of something stirring, in the hearts of those below and they all sleep". One of my other favourite lines is from another song called "12 hours" - "Some drown their sorrows, mine they like to swim, Pour another one barmen 'cause the Rodent got back in". "Year of the rat" "white horses" and "I was alive" have more of the classic Whitlams rock feel. Some of the other things _almost_ have a more folk feel to them. I think The Whitlams would cringe to hear me say that, but I quite enjoyed it.

I am currently cooking up a big batch of pumpkin soup. I'm also baking the seeds as they make a yummy snack, but you have to watch closely to make sure they don't get burned or under cooked. There is a perfect "crunch" they must have.

I discovered you have to be quick off the mark to get any lindt chocolate in the post easter, easter egg sales. Matt and I went the monday after I finished work, and they were all gone. We had to buy other easter eggs. But excitingly we got to eat our easter egg while watching "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" or whatever the movie is called. It is so funny and quirky.

Anyway, this has been a bit rambling so I might go and give my cooking some attention.

3 Comments:

Blogger earthkissed said...

SOUP:) The seeds were very yummy! I have nearly eaten half of them. The soup was very good too! We added a little bit of roast garlic, ginger, coconut cream powder and coriander - sort of makes it a thai style pumpkin soup (if such a thing exists). And Matthew made some sour dough flat bread to dip in the soup (cooked on frypans rather than in the oven) and they were very delicious!

7:25 pm  
Blogger appletopping said...

or she could come home where we can all feed her properly. :D

but the pumpkin soup does sound quite tasty.

1:39 pm  
Blogger earthkissed said...

If you bake pumpkin seeds they are really very very delicious, especially when still hot. I promise, if you try it, you'll enjoy them even more then sunflower seeds. I am eating properly, I am currently making the worlds yummiest chocolate cake because it was someone at work's birthday on monday. I am sad you can't be here to eat it (especially since Matt and I got distracted and made a chocolate champagne ganache and ate it while we were doing it).

7:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home