.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Heart of Joy, Heart of Sadness

Part I - Heart of Joy
Today, after blatently copying Muppit's idea to make sour dough, Matt and I (actually I was at work and had nothing to do with it) baked our first loaf of sour dough using out starter. And it has turned out quite well, especially for a first go. It is not quite as sour as I expected, but it is still yummy, a little sour, and very bread like:) Tomorrow I shall have bruschetta for breakfast. Matthew has named our starter "the bitch" after the starter in Kitchen Confidential, one of his favourite novels. It was indeed a happy moment

Part II - Heart of Sadness
Matt and I have a set of 6 burnt red Le Crusset ramikens and recently I have come to lament the decision to only bring 4 of them to Melbourne with us. Especially as our two best deserts - creme brule and chocolate soufle are cooked in the ramikens and we will soon have everybody with us and need 6 of them to cook these deserts. However today, there is a new loss to lament. Did you know that if you drop a ramiken onto tile floors from a height of 1 metre, it breaks? Well it does:( And now there are three ramikens. I think what this means is everyone will have to share. Matt and I will share, Becky and Matt2 can share and Sally and Floss can share. Alternatively Matt and I might get our act together and just buy three dirt cheap ramikens to cook with while they are here. We'll see what happens.

Must go, Matthew keeps yelling stuff about the opening ceremony for the commonwealth games.

3 Comments:

Blogger marvin said...

ramikens, ramikens
soufle and shenanigans
yummy desserts
for peregrines and mannequins

7:11 pm  
Blogger appletopping said...

i'll buy you some ramikins if it means i get chocolate souffle...

7:48 pm  
Blogger earthkissed said...

Whilst I love the thought of bribing you, we'll probably manage to get some:)

9:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home