.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Well the sourdough bread making has been going well. Matthew made a light rye sourdough the other day that was ddeeeelicious. We made more yummy bruschetta with it. I have been on evenings, which has been okay. Most importantly the one time I was at a birth and the baby required bag-and-mask, it was still when the reg was on, so I wasn't alone for too long before help arrived. Which is how I generally prefer those things! Patients are still all liars and fakers. Mostly the adult ones I have to cover when I'm on evenings are liars and fakers. It's all about narcotics or attention, some people seem to have made it their life's work to fake being sick or in pain. I mean, these people are experienced at it and really good at what they do! They are time and money wasters. The last thing you want when you are covering another specialty is to spend most of your time dealing with things that aren't real. Anyway... end non-specific rant.

I don't feel like enough people have taken the time to enjoy "Reefer Madness - the musical" so here is a short excerpt of some of the lyrics:
"We are just like Romeo and Juliet
We're happy young and bubblin' with love
I can't wait to read the ending!
I can't either!
But I'm sure it turns out real swell
I bet Romeo marries his Juliet
They have a baby
And makes lots of friends
That's probably the way the play ends"
________________

I guess I'm in a fairly random mood today. I might go try and tidy up the house a bit before guest type people arrive (or Matt gets home from the shops and refuses to give me a raspberry split because I haven't done anything useful).

Very quickly I forgot to mention that last night I found a leopard slug in our yard, I think we probably have lots of them, they are an introduced pest, but I saw them on "life in the undergrowth" one week and they are really amazing. You should see the way they mate (http://members.optusnet.com.au/awnelson/davidavid/slug/ <-- this site has good photos of it). Plus if you put slugs in your bathroom they eat the mould!

3 Comments:

Blogger Rach said...

Bec, I'm not sure that introducing them to your bathroom would really keep it clean.... i suspect that while they might eat the mould, you might have other problems....
It just seemed like something you were thinking of considering... :)

4:21 pm  
Blogger earthkissed said...

in regard to slugs: There is this guy online who has actually trialled a few species of slugs in his bathroom. he seemed to think the leopard slugs wander around too much and are very icky to stand on in the dark in the middle of the night.

Thank you becky, I am glad some people appreciate how funny reefer madness is :)

9:19 pm  
Blogger Rach said...

Hehe, I am glad you are not going to do it - I can't believe someone actually did!

is reefer madness something I can get from the video store? I feel that i am missing out on something good here!

9:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home