.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Of dirt and soil

I like dirt
I like dust sliding between my toes
Like the chalk a gymnast uses
I like to feel my feet have been somewhere
I do not like to feel them unfolding from their cocoon
Ignorant of the journey

I like soil
I like to feel it under my nails
To smell the smell of fresh damp earth
Of life recycling upon itself
Death and life feeding each other
In a dance that is older then I

1 Comments:

Blogger marvin said...

yes, i agree. it's great to feel the wind in your hair, the rain soaking down your back and the sand between your toes. one day i'd like to feel snow falling on my tongue and arctic winds blasting me in the face too. nature is a marvellous thing.

5:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home