.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Monday, May 31, 2004

Stand in water

Breathe in life
Let it out again
Try to calm your heart
From what just began

Perhaps it is only
That I was not born you
That makes me happy
To accept a word like true

To see that there are
Things more solid then stone
That are untouchable
Keeps me from being alone

Stand in water
Feet sinking into sand
Sun warms my face
God surely holds my hand

3 Comments:

Blogger earthkissed said...

I think you misunderstand the poem

1:24 pm  
Blogger earthkissed said...

This poem is about feeling at peace with the world and recognising that people sometimes see things through different eyes more because of who they are, then because they choose to (not always). And there's nothing wrong with seeing things differently. And it's about realising how lucky I am that I am able to feel that there is someone there with me always. Mostly it's about being able to stand at the beach and contemplate the beauty around and feel surrounded by love. It's just a moment of quiet reflection to myself, not some kind of judgement!
P.S. it's nothing personal, but this one's actually not about you at all (picture the world revolving. What's it going around? Hope that helped with the perspective thing)

1:35 pm  
Blogger earthkissed said...

Sorry, naturally, calling me a pharisee was just a silly joke. I'm sorry I don't have a better sense of humour - will work on that. I wasn't saying you were useless by the way, there are more jobs in the world than getting the earth to do that funny turning about thing. And you know I don't think you're useless, you know you're a vital part of my world and that's why this whole situation is upsetting me so much.

4:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home