.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

30

Sometime earlier this month I turned 30 and I had this idea that I would write something that day on my blog. But life was busy and I didn't get there, so here is my belated turning 30 discussion.

I think a lot of people find birthdays worrying and milestones more so. At this point in my life I don't mind them. People seemed to expect I would be all like "oh no, I'm 30". The truth is, I'm quite happy.

I am completely and utterly blessed and grateful for the life I have and I am happier now than I was when I was younger. I have a wonderful family, a wonderful husband, a beautiful son, a job I enjoy, somewhere safe to live. I live in a country where I can go and vote and I'm dodging pieces of paper not bullets. Every year that I'm alive, I feel like life gets better. I don't resent turning 30, I just look forward to what's around the corner (so in a way it's like trying to find a coffee shop to stop at when you're with Matt and you're totally starving and you say "let's stop here" and he says "let's just check what's around the next corner, there might be somewhere better" and there's always another corner and then it's 30 minutes later, you've walked goodness knows how far and you're really hungry, too hungry to walk back to the place you found that you really liked and at any rate you eat the food to fast to know if it was good or not but that's another story and just one of those funny quirks of our relationship).

2 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

Yeah I didn't find 30 too bad. Let's hope I feel the same when 40 hits!

12:59 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

Oh how refreshing. Gam insists on getting mopey and depressed every birthday about how 'old' he is. And I've been with him since before he turned 20... I'm dreading his 30th birthday next year!

6:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home