.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Lazy

Well I have been particularly busy and not managed to read or write blogs at all. This is because it has been birthday season. Thank you to everyone who sent myself happy birthdays.
What have I been doing?
Well I blog in the dark because lightbulbs are very tricky to change in my house.
I have lots of yummy dinners either at home or out.
My birds are successfully off seed, and on a terribly expensive food that I only seem to be able to locate at chermside (and they've currently run out of that and are on fresh fruit and vegetables and muesli)

Most excitingly recently I went to Jerry Coleby-William's open garden which was awesome. They had this plan to buy this house and for under the cost of a new four wheel drive (approx $62000) make it essentially self sufficient. They put in a huge water tank, they recycle all their sewerage/waste water and make it sterile (without using chlorine in it), they just about never use mains water at all! They have a solar panel, but they do use mains electricity as well. They grow enough food for three people to live on. The whole thing was awesome and I tasted some new greens that I'm really keen on growing myself. I think I will join seed savers. It's hard to explain how great it was. Check it out: Bellis

My sister got robbed. Whilst her and her husband their four children were asleep. Some people came in and took their computers, they went into the children's room and took their computer, they went into my sister's room and took her jewelry. They stole her car keys (including a set of keys to the car they didn't steal), they stole her car, they stole lots of things. But mostly, they went into their rooms while they were asleep in them - yuk! They did it all between the baby's 11pm and 3am feed. They then used her car between monday to friday in 5 armed robberies. She has her car back.

Well Matt's home. Pitfinder - you must make flourboy post. He now has a grain mill attachment to the kenwood chef. We buy our own wheat and then flourboy makes wholemeal flour which we use to make pizzas, pancakes etc. But Flourboy has to tell us all about it!!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger pitfinder said...

He does have to post. I have all kinds of plans for my time while I'm in Oz, he's not going to make me come down there and sit him in front of the keyboard is he? (Don't make me come in there!)

At least he could put up some pictures or something. A grain mill sounds like an interesting device. Let's see it. Huh?

What's wrong with your lights that makes the bulbs tough to change? You have to tell me soon, 'cause I'm getting on a plane in about 38 hours.

:-)

2:19 pm  
Blogger Nikki said...

You guys do lead a very interesting life! Miss you being up the coast. Love reading your blog. I've entered the world of blogging myself but I'm in virgin territory. I quite like it so far though.

9:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is horrible about your sister being robbed!!! How scary that nobody heard it. I hope she is ok - I think I would be absolutely freaking out. I am horrified just thinking of it happening.

10:22 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

A belated happy birthday! I hope your sis is ok... it's a pretty traumatic thing to be robbed like that.

I'm curious as to why your birds needed to go off seed and onto another kind of food. Was it a nutritional problem, a specific health problem or a problem with something in the seed?

9:06 pm  
Blogger earthkissed said...

Hi Sarah, because birds always go for the really fatty seeds like sunflower seeds they often develop fatty liver disease on a seed diet.

9:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home