.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Monday, May 12, 2008

Busy

I have been busy and haven't posted for quite a while. So a few exciting things:
#1 - So far with the lemon oil we have made lemon shortbread biscuits, lemon merengues, and lastly but not leastly - lemon truffle chocolates and lemon fondant chocolates. The chocolates so far are the most delicious. The flavour is just awesome from the lemon oil and I look forward to using it in stirfries and other savoury dishes

#2 I got some awesome sci fi books delivered. If you want to get completely lost in the imagination of a future world, enjoy some great reading and support an independent author, start with the first one in the darkling series "Darkling" by J M Patterson. Some of you may know the author..... For friends in Brisbane - you can borrow my copy to see if you like them or not.

#3 6 days until my final exam. So I have been attempting to prepare for that. Which means I got my haircut, bought a new shirt, some new long pants, a new pair of shoes. Surely the clinical is just about looking competent? I have also been attempting some study.

#4 I went deep sea fishing!!!!!! SOOOO much fun. We headed out on my boss's boat about 50km or so off shore. I couldn't see the shore at all. There were dolphins all around the boat. We caught a bunch of snapper and some reef fish. We were out there for about 24 hours (so overnight). It was fantastic fun. We ended up with perhaps 3-4kg of fillets each. Fresh fish is so delicious!! more importantly there was no toilet on the boat and I managed (through some well managed dehydration techniques) to avoid having to pass urine for 24 hours so that I didn't have to go in a bucket! I forgot my camera so I can't show you photos of all the pretty fish we caught, we only have photos from when Matt turned up with the camera at the end, which means the photo of me and my fish is post filleting. There is a photo someone else took of me and a snapper, but I don't quite recall where that one is at the moment. Please try to remember in these photos that having just spent 24hours on a boat fishing I was a bit grotty!


7 Comments:

Blogger pitfinder said...

Thanks for the plug!

Good luck on the exam.


I can't resist - Google has a lot of recipes for *lemon snapper*. :-)

1:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for fishing!!! I'm less keen to go now that I know about the peeing in a bucket :) Good luck for the exam. You'll be finished before I've even started, you lucky thing :(

7:56 pm  
Blogger Zilfin said...

Ooooo, fishing....yay!! How big was the boat?

And why a bucket? WHy not just go over the edge? ;)

10:30 pm  
Blogger Rach said...

the books are indeed awesome :D

i want to go fishing for the first time even less than ever :P

gooooood luck!!!!!!!!!!

and omg, ur hair is so short!

8:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that fish is so big. I will have to make sure that Geoff doesn't see the pictures cause he'll be jealous!

Good luck with your exam!

7:53 am  
Blogger Sarah said...

Gee I don't know whether to be more impressed with the size of that fish or the fact that you managed to avoid peeing for 24 hours. Yikes!!!

Good luck with the exam :)

8:53 pm  
Blogger earthkissed said...

I didn't think my hair was that short in the photos.
I think holding on for 24 hours was definitely the bigger achievement.

8:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home