.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Regret

Regret is the full moon shining
on a barren landscape in my soul
The full moon of retrospect
accentuates the eerie emptiness of the past
And I keep returning to the scene again and again
hoping to find something else to glean
But my tears have watered this field
so many times in vain and there is nothing
The immutable past stands resolute
unmoved by my sorrow
The seasons here never change
the moon stays full
lighting what I don't wish to see

2 Comments:

Blogger marvin said...

yet regret is a wonderful thing
for it teaches us what to do next time
and without the last time to regret we would learn nothing
without the last regret we would not have become who we are now
or you could regret nothing, learn nothing and become someone you would not want to be

8:52 pm  
Blogger pitfinder said...

Once you've learned everything you can from your sorrow and regret, wrap them up in a neat little package, tie it with a bow, and send it over here. I'll bury it for you someplace you'll never have to worry about it again.

12:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home