.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Monday, December 19, 2005

Why all doctors are bitter

Because we have to spend years working in public hospitals being screwed over by the most unorganised people in the world. Luckily today I was busy when they tried that one on me. They called to tell me I had to work in ED next week (26/12 onwards) and I was in theatre so the other resident called them and told them i couldn't do it because I would be away. They have sent a very nasty email to one of the other interns who said they couldn't make it on such short notice as they had booked a holiday. Told him he didn't have a choice, it was just his tough luck, didn't matter about the money he had spent on a holiday, they can do what they want, make us work whenever and wherever they like. MMmmm... They're shooting themselves in the back, next year we won't be interns, and we'll be able to quit when they treat us like crap!!!!! (which is why they need us in ED at the moment, some second years quit when they didn't get what they needed).

3 Comments:

Blogger timmar said...

That sounds kinda terrible *huggles*

I read it a few times, and I assume you somehow evaded their nastiness and can still make the holiday? Wasn't sure from what you wrote is all ^_^

P.s. Stop telling me these things or you'll drive me away from med forever =P

8:37 pm  
Blogger marvin said...

this reminded me of the jill sobule song, and so i went away and listened to it in the hope it would inspire me to write something deep. but no such luck :) however, it did have a kind of therapeutic effect, and very relaxing.

8:19 am  
Blogger earthkissed said...

well, at the moment I think I've evaded it, but they could yet attempt to contact me again and drag me in! Yes, I wasn't very succint yesterday. And as for driving you away, don't be, it's not nice having other people constantly messing with your life, but I reckon it's worth it!

I love "bitter" by jill sobule, but have you ever heard her concert version rather then the cd version? Instead of ending with "so I'll smile at the rest, wishing everyone the best and know the one who made it, made it because she was actually pretty good" it ends with (and having heard it once 4 years ago, i don't remember _exactly_) "and know the one who made it was a F*&^ing whore, sleeping with the boss"

We all have moments of weakness:)

10:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home