.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Skeleton


a skeleton ran past me yesterday
Like it's bones were on fire
It tried to burn away the last flesh
Unaware that all that remained was cloth
Shorts that dangled like they were
hanging from a clothes line
A shirt that barely concealed
Ribs crumbling from the neglect
Of never knowing flesh

And I wondered why it still ran
Or even, how it still ran
Whether it had enough substance
To know about joy and love
And then I kept walking
And the workman turned to stare
At the skeleton with clothes

1 Comments:

Blogger marvin said...

i really like this poem.
somehow it seems to capture this most wonderful picture of some metaphorical skeleton thing, yet seems so real, like it's something i've seen before.
very cool.

11:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home