.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

burning hands

Well last night, seeing as barely anyone could make it to pizza, matt and I cooked noodles and kate came over to our house. I had some big chillies that needed to go into the diner, so I cut them up etc. Normally big chillies aren't that hot (more capsicum like). Not so this time. My hands burnt ALL night. they were absolutely killing me. I was washing them with soap, soaking them in milk. Keeping them in an icebath. I looked quite ridiculous. But they really, really, really hurt! We went out to coffee after dinner, and it hurt too much to hold my coffee cup, I had to drink my coffee through a straw! How stupid is that! Anyway.... I think it'll be someone elses job to cut up the chillies next time. I can't explain how much they hurt. It's hard to believe they're still there. They're all better this morning, but during the night, my thumb would occasionally wake me up because it was burning.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Silly becsta.. I'm glad they're better now.

11:31 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had that once. :S but i'd forgotten i'd chopped chile's and couldn't work out why my hand was burning all day. :$

hope you're okay now. :D

3:53 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

Reminds me of the time I went to bed clutching an ice-pack after I made the mistake of chopping chillies without wearing gloves... never again!

5:49 pm  
Blogger earthkissed said...

Oh, if this mistake had only been made but once by me. But alas, I always believe this time it won't happen. It's Matt's worse nightmare to come into the kitchen and find me chopping chillies without gloves - AGAIN! I'll be like "but I'm being careful", he says "you always think you're careful..." He didn't really like it when I used his washing up gloves - I chopped holes in the ends of them accidently and didn't mention it... which made for a not very nice surprise when he next washed up... *evil laughter*

5:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home