.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Sunday, August 31, 2008

pepper

well today was more stressful then I imagined it would be. When I came home from shopping for gardening things to help my sister make a vegie patch I only had two birds not three. How this happened is a mystery. But pepper was not in her cage and oscar was very sad. Oscar and pepper bonded and I have noticed them recently engaging in sexual activity, so I've been thinking of popping a breeding box in their cage. I digress. The cage was shut up, the other two birds were secure but pepper was gone and I presumed stolen. However given the child laden community I live in I had a theory that some children let themselves in through our fence and opened the cage and pepper accidently got away because it's really easy to see the birds from the street. So I went for a walk looking for signs of a dead parrot or listening for a distressed parrot sound and calling out to pepper using oscar's quiet whistle. After an unsuccessful walk I got in the car and drove around with the window open to try and hear pepper. I got totally disorientated but wound up on a street and thought I could hear pepper but decided she was in the street behind these houses so drove around to there. I did the quiet whistle and she did her distressed cry. I decided she was in one of about 3 houses and I called matt and tried to describe where I was so he could help and when I looked around I realized I could see our house. Then I asked this kid if he'd seen a parrot and he pointed to a fence where he'd seen her. But Boone was home there. So I knocked on their neighbours door and the kid their climbed the fence and found pepper and we got her back! It was pretty much a miracle because I was fairly surprised the local birds didn't kill her. Anyway I can't be bothered proof reading this to see if there are typos or if it makes sense because I am doing this on my phone and it's too tricky to see the whole entry.

7 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

Wow that's amazing! You must be so happy to find her.

8:03 pm  
Blogger pitfinder said...

Glad Pepper is home safely. It's nice to be in the place you belong.

4:32 am  
Blogger Sarah said...

Oh my goodness, I'm so glad you found her!

2:21 pm  
Blogger appletopping said...

yay for pepper!! :) (and agile next door neighbours ;))

12:10 am  
Blogger Dz said...

So glad you found Pepper!

11:41 pm  
Blogger Jadey said...

Thats so good you found her!

We had a pure white budgie that escaped her cage once We could see her in the distance standing out like mad in a huge fir tree and I thought, with that colouring shes a goner. But she slowly made her way back to a tree near our place and we eventually caught her. Phew!

2:03 pm  
Blogger Rach said...

sooo glad to see there wasn't a sad end to this post!!!!

10:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home