.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Monday, January 16, 2006

An internal log

I found a poem I wrote during each term of my intern year, which was actually a reflection of some kind on my time in the hospital.

UROLOGY (29/3/05)
Sinking, solid ground, distant memory
XX an invisable combination of me
The Y-club sit together, they smile
I'm separated by less and more then a mile

Don't always know what I should do
I just know not to phone you
My hiding place less then ideal
No way to reflect on what I feel

It's not been bad but it's not good
Two weeks left, I'd skip them if I could
Working for, but not part of the team
Nobody with whom to let out steam

GERIATRICS (15/4/05)
Treking across a terrain
Of life and death
And treacherous inbetween
Sorting through
Salvagable from the unsalvagable
The reward
Like anyone in antiques
Is in the restoration
The realisation
That being old
Does not decrease something's value
But increases it
If you have the ability to appreciate
The value of age

EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT (17/7/05)
The sharp teeth of slumber
Bite deeply into my mind
With an insistent dizziness
That make me weak and blind

Night and day irrelevant
To this uncertain guest
Making horizontal my goal
And soft repose my quest

MENTAL HEALTH (14/10/05)
Fragile life
Hold it in your hands
Everybody does
When will the lights go out?
Touch the flame
Will it burn tomorrow?
Or will this wave of sorrow,
Extinguish all hope

Decision time
To dive and be involved
Or to use a light touch?
So your fingerprints aren't there
Who knows?
But be careful either way
What you do and say
You might be the last one there

GENERAL SURGERY (Breast and endocrine) (dec 05)
Cut me till I bleed
Expose to you my flesh
Dissect down to the nerve
Learn the truth afresh

Paralyse my voice
Or leave my words intact
Send away my organs
To prove disease a fact

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home