.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

UPDATE on exit interview

I sent the people in med education an email saying I was disappointed that I had not received the exit interview they spoke of. So they organised one at the last minute on friday afternoon. It was interesting watching them feign interest in what I said (whilst trying to pass the blame on to someone else in the department). I told them pretty much exactly what is written here, except I tried to use non accusatory psych type speak (eg. "whether it's true or not, the general feeling amongst all the junior doctors is that they can't trust anyone in this office"), trying to use my "we feel" not my "you are" terminology.

Now probably my little blurb below may lead people to believe I did not have a good year. Overall I think I still had a good year, but that was thanks to the people I got to work with personally in my wards and that I mostly enjoy my job, not thanks to the medical education people. I was probably one of the least shafted people (apart from having annual leave first), but that was luck, once again no thanks particularly due to the administration. Mostly I felt bad for the people amongst the junior doctors, a lot of whom I know personally, who have been dealt with particularly badly and who will be staying and putting up with it all over again. Many of the people who are staying, regret that decision already, and are considering looking for a new job

GOOD NEWS: whilst packing I found the right arrow key that Oscar stole:) It was up behind the soundsystem:) Haven't quite managed to reattach it yet, but I'm still excited.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hrm... how many jobs are available in melbourne? ;)

is oscar going with you? to remove the left arrow key this time to keep you on the straight and narrow...

9:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home