.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Monday, January 19, 2009

My Parasite

I feel like I should be a swirl of colourful happy emotions
I should feel all nurturing and excited
My mind and heart should be consumed
But I feel sick and bored of the whole idea already

I sat down, and I wanted to say I felt all those things
I really dug down deep
But all I felt was nausea

I know theoretically I can do this
And someone said the insticts come
This doesn't seem like a fun adventure
It feels like the end of my life as I know it

8 Comments:

Blogger pitfinder said...

Maybe think of it as a turn in the road rather than an end.

3:53 pm  
Blogger appletopping said...

It's the end of non-parenthood, I guess, and the beginning of a fun/tough/scary/rewarding rest of your life. Are you ready? I don't know if anyone is. Are you excited? Man, be nervous and don't feel bad. You can't change what you're thinking, but you can pray and hope and eventually you'll have little echy in your arms and you'll look at cecil and think "what on earth have we done"? ;) But you'll be fine, you'll be loving, you'll just have to accomodate to a new little life in your family.

6:53 pm  
Blogger Margie said...

I spent most of the first trimester oscillating between disbelief and worry that the whole thing was a terrible mistake. My mood improved remarkably once the nausea passed and I wasn't so utterly exhausted. 'They' say that it's important to remember to enjoy this time and not just wish the next stage were here, but it's not always so easy to remember.

10:21 pm  
Blogger earthkissed said...

yeah, I think I am starting to improve.

8:10 pm  
Blogger Rach said...

*hugs*

6:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bec, hoping you are feeling a lot better now. Not really sure I can offer any advice - I have no idea what emotions I'd be going through - hope you are doing okay.
*hugs* (And congrats :-))
xx El

1:21 pm  
Blogger Jade said...

Oh wow Bec! I had no idea. I can relate so well to your feelings, this pregnancy has been hard on me emotionally and physically. Im hoping once the nausea passes I'll feel better. Things are gonna change, but it's going to be okay and you'll be a great mum. Lotsa love. xxx

1:54 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

Wow Bec, I'm nearly a month late to this post... I hope you're feeling lots better now and more excited than nauseous and worried. You're an incredibly capable and thoughtful person and I'm 100% sure you're going to make a great mum :)

2:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home