.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

earthkissed

Just me and my thoughts, most of them silly.

Name:
Location: brisbane, queensland, Australia

I am a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a friend. Sometimes I am good at these things, sometimes I am not.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Gentle

And you say you want to raise your child gently and without judgement
That you want to show them compassion and understanding
Did you know your children watch you all the time?
Not just when you are directing your attention at them?
When you talk to other parents are you gentle?
Do you remember this whole parent thing is a hard gig, and we're all doing our best?
Or do you judge them because the world is so black and white, and they don't meet your ideals?
Your children are watching
They will do as you do
They will live as you live
Be gentle with me too
I am so tired of the drama and the judgement
So tired of the opinions
So tired of the articles
So tired of being told what I should and shouldn't do as a parent
I fail, I stuff up
But what I want most of all, is to try to live in the moment with my children
To find the joy in the journey
And teach them to do the same.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautifully written piece - and so gently yet deeply wise.

2:58 am  
Anonymous Anita said...

I agree, as a teacher I feel this could also read teacher and not parent

12:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home